I found myself incredibly stressed out and emotional last week.
So, two gals that love me more then I often remember talked with me and reminded me of this big word that I often have overlooked in my life...accountability.
You see, these two love me so much that they want to come along side me...in all the ups and downs of this roller coaster we ride on called life.
The good, the bad, the ugly.
To rejoice with me in good times, cry with me through sad times, call me on my ugly attitude times, and hold me up during bad times.
But most of all, they just want to be real with me and help me to reach my God-given potential.
Which means helping me to stay on track and not get side-tracked.
Especially by what ifs.
They got on to me for the lack of phone calls/texts on their phones...and the fact that I allowed myself get to the point of wanting to run away before asking for help.
They listened to me, gave me some great advice, and helped me to remember to stay in today, and not stuck in failures of yesterdays.
And then, I took them at their word.
Which meant a text sent at 11:45 Saturday night.
Another one sent last night right before my quiet time.
And an hour long phone call today.
Because I am serious about this walk I have with God.
I am serious about the commitment I made to him, past the original 365 days.
I am serious about wanting to graduate on time and finish these last four classes (20 weeks) well.
I am serious about not wanting to hurt the people around me (including my girls)
I am serious about wanting to grow, reach my potential, and NOT get stuck.
and you know what I found out in the meantime.
They are serious about wanting to come alongside me and keep me on track.
And I love them for it.
I also love that God delights so much in me that He put these two women into my life.
Hopefully, I can have as much of a motivating factor in their lives, and give back, as much as they have/are in mine!
Today, I am thankful for accountability partners, and a God who never gives up on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!