Sep 27, 2013

Confused...I just don't understand

There is so stinking much about life and relationships that I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
There is so much about protecting oneself that I don't understand or agree with.
There are so many decisions made by the "higher ups" that I don't get or know how to even figure out.
I don't understand how you give up on someone you care about or just walk away.
There is just so many unknowns in life.

I do realize that hurting people hurt people.
I realize that leaders try to make the best decisions for the majority that they can with the info they have.
I realize that we are all human and we are just trying to make the best of things and keep moving forward.
I realize that its so easy to get stuck.
I realize that silence is sometimes easier than saying a thing.
I realize that often life just hurts.

But it seems like there should be more that could be done.
That grace and mercy should be fought for and freely given.
That forgiveness is of utmost importance.
That we should be careful because so much can come across as judgmental and sometimes people are hanging on by a thread that we can so easily chop without meaning to.
That life is sometimes so hard.
And that when we are broken, its easier to see when others are too, but when we are confident or haven't faced very many challenges ourselves, its easier to have unrealistic expectations.

The knowns that exist even in a world of unknowns:
God is still God...He's still in control...He's already won the victory...He feels our brokenness with us... He enables us to move past our brokenness and yet still use it in the lives of others...He gave us mercy, grace, and forgiveness so freely and challenges us to do so with ALL those we come in contact with...HE IS LOVE...He's the same yesterday, today, and forever...He's willing to walk every step of this with us...He heals our broken hearts...He is the reason we can see the best in others despite what they might have done against us, and to offer forgiveness...He put unlimited potential in each of us that we can tap into with His help and touch on our lives...when we choose to live for Him, there is everlasting, overcoming, expectant hope.

I may not have a clue what tomorrow will bring, or how I am going to even get to tomorrow, but I know the author of ALL my tomorrows and I choose to rest in that.  He WILL see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!