Finally finished this quilted bag, that I started February 20th and had to set aside because the pattern required more tweaking then I could handle the night before my first bag party.
This one has lots of extra pockets! Hidden zipper one in the front and two side pockets of different sizes. Then inside, a divided pocket under and elastic one, and another elastic topped on the inside front. And of course the seams are hiding inside binding!
Here's where the new pet peeve comes in. This diaper bag has taken longer to cut out then I expected, partly because I was having to double check every pocket. Why do pattern companies think turning down the top edge of a single piece of fabric is enough on a pocket? I don't want people to reach into a pocket and feel interfacing...that's tacky. So to make up for that, I had to remember to cut all the pockets out twice so I could line them. Fun stuff!
All of these many pieces will make one bag. Isn't it crazy how many pieces go into a diaper bag? Hopefully next time you see this fabric, it looks like a finished diaper bag!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!