Apr 16, 2014

A different kind of luggage

I've made quite a few quilted duffles this year, but today's bag is different, involve just as much wrestling through the machine, and turned out super cute. I'm calling this one an overnight bag with tons of pockets!

Started out with my least favorite zipper to put in, but my favorite look. 

Then the tweak to the pattern so that the contrast was pockets rather than just contrasting fabric. Corduroy, my fave!

Then straps...
Then wrestling all the fabrics to put the front and back together. This is what the outer shell looks like. 
Sewed the lining pockets to the front/back lining. One side is divided in thirds, one in fourths. Pinned into the bag :)

And ANOTHER of those zippers that challenge me. This one is the top part of the bag and gets a heavy duty zipper. This is the first step

Then...
...you slice it down the center and angle to the corners...
...and tuck the top into the opening you just slit, and iron really good sharp edges


And it looks like this now. 

...center the zipper in the opening and see close to the edge. I use a reinforced stitch. 

And now it looks like this! :)
I didn't take a pic of it pinned in place, or wrestling it through the machine, or binding the edges so there's no raveling...

...but the finished bag looks like this! :)

Side view

Looking inside!

Center front pockets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!