May 5, 2011
Restoration and Healing
"Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing (your restoration and the power of a new life) shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness (your rightness, your justice, and your right relationship with God) shall go before you [conducting you to peace and prosperity], and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard. Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and He will say, Here I am. If you take away from your midst yokes of oppression [wherever you find them], the finger pointed in scorn [toward the oppressed or the godly], and every form of false, harsh, unjust, and wicked speaking. And if you pour out that with which you sustain your own life for the hungry and satisfy the need of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in darkness, and your obscurity and gloom become like the noonday. And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones. And you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters fail not." Isaiah 58:8-11
I think one of the things I most easily forget is that this is a momentary trouble. Even though it may hurt like the dickens right now, its not going to last. I forget to look up and see what God is doing in the midst of it all. I forget, and boy should I know this one by now, that He can take me through the dark and bring me out the other side into light that is so contagious all those around me want to know it. He can and does redeem everything done against me...everything meant to crack and destroy me. He is there, with arms open wide, wanting to carry me through the rough waters and put me safely on the other side, on the peaceful shore. He wants to walk it with me. He delights in me as I ask Him for help and wisdom. He knows the plans He has for me (Jer 29:11-14) and they are plans for my best and for the best of those all around me. He is my Savior, my Friend, the Lover of my soul, My husband.
Even this current time of singleness, I am beginning to see, may be temporary. Not that I am seeking to change it and get through this time quickly. Instead I am seeking to embrace the time and use it for His glory. What can I do, right now, for Him? How can I best use this time that He is healing and restoring me, to reach out to others in His love?
Do you shy away from people who are hurting? Or do you use the pain you have experienced in your own life to reach out and be more compassionate and use what you have learned to help them? It may hurt, and bring those feelings of hurt back to the front of your mind, but there is great healing in comforting those who are hurting. We have been comforted, by our Savior, and can extend that comfort...no matter what it "costs" us at the moment.
Don't get me wrong, I have defense mechanisms too that tend to pop up when things get too serious. But I have experienced great comfort and great healing...how can I keep that to myself when others so desperately need what I have been given.
I am beginning to highly value being useable, teachable, mold-able. May God use all that He is teaching me, and all the healing and restoration, for His glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!