I've been trying to do as many vendor/craft shows as possible this summer...I couldn't do near as many as I wanted to do because of the fees involved...but I think we averaged about one a month...(except August because of trying to be super available as the youngest one was trying to adjust to everything having to do with the middle school transition). There were some big fairs we would have loved to participate in, but never even dreamed of participating in...just because funds were so limited.
And then Friday night, we went and walked around at Parkville Days (another one we couldn't figure out how to do, but thought about)...and I found myself really wishing that we could have experienced a bigger type event. We loved the ones we got to do, and have made some amazing friends/contacts, and I think that was one of the reasons I found myself wishing on Friday night that we could have had our booth there, too.
I guess I tend to limit my dreaming to more realistic or actually attainable...because I hadn't allowed myself to even dream about having a booth at one of these bigger events.
But then, I had a friend volunteer to sponsor our booth at Liberty Fall Festival...a total God thing. And because we didn't have an event in August, we have a great amount of stock to feel comfortable saying, yes, please...we would love to!
Then went to Chamber of Commerce today, and the woman seemed so hesitant because there were so few spaces left. So I tried so hard not to be excited, because I didn't want to crash in disappointment. She went into her office, while I stood at the counter. We got to talking a bit through the hallway area, and since I was only looking for a 2 day spot, she came back and said she had room for us. This is when it was starting to hit me that we were actually going to get to do this. She wrote out my receipt as I showed her what our last booth looked like, and sent me on my merry little way. Before even pulling out of the parking lot, I had already texted my life-long friend Kari who was praying for things to go smoothly, and had my friend Heather on the phone squealing in excitement! Really badly squealing! I literally feel sorry for her ears.
This is so huge for us I don't even know how to put it into words. It's an annual event that always has a huge showing. It's close to the house. I have the product, just want to make up extra stock to fill in spots as they empty. There is huge potential for getting our name out there and showing the cute things that we can do! And the kids can come join me after they get home from school and be able to see people they know walk through/by. I hadn't even dared to dream that it would be an event we would ever get to do...kind of like the state fair...you walk through thinking wouldn't it be fun to be represented here, but that's about it. OMG!
Just last night in my quiet time, God was reminding me of the big things that He has brought us through and all the things He is doing behind the scenes to bring some big things to us in the future. This is definitely one of those big things...His hands have been all over all of this! Only in His confidence in me, could I step out and do something like this! Truly never thought I would...but oh so excited to see what He will do with it from here.
There have been times when I have seriously questioned all of this and if it could work or if I was hearing Him wrong and needed to do something different. But He has made the way for us every single month to be able to keep doing this, because it is the support that Banana needs right now, and lets me truly be there for both girls. Toad and Banana are two of my biggest cheerleaders and the joy they get out of doing their own thing by me as I sew is amazingly reassuring to this momma's heart. And the ability to stop and run to therapy, or stop and take Toad to one of her things, and to be with them on Wednesday night in youth, etc, is a gift I do not take for granted. While this road has been hard, its also been an amazing blessing. To truly be there for my girls and not have to miss anything or second guess how to make the schedule work so they can get the help they need...amazing. And only by the grace of God. On paper...it really really doesn't work. But with God, it actually has worked. I wouldn't want to do it any other way...I really want to walk out the path He has for me, holding His hand all along the way!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!