Mar 13, 2015

A finish and excitement!

Been working on this cutey all week!  Pink Panther fabric is fun all on its own, but quilting it made it even more fun. And I got to use a super cute Riley Blake print for the pocket and the little bag I made as a thank you gift to go with it. I love custom orders and this little set will be on its way to Florida to be with the cellphone wallet that went there in February. Love it!  
I actually made the little bag out of the leftovers before I started quilting the pieces for the duffle. No pattern, just an idea in my head, and the desire to show my gratitude for a custom project!

Pinned and ready to quilt...and then unpinned so that I could sew the top edge before I started quilting. 

Loving the tiny squares. Half inch. 

This was my progress picture I shared with Instagram while I was working on the two biggest pieces and the strap piece. 

Here's how she turned out. I still have the shoulder strap (and a cushion for the strap) to finish (I was missing the hardware for it and need to run to the store this morning to get it). But other than that, she's finished. 
Added zips to the top of all three outer pockets :)
Back
Inside view!  Loving the way the quilting adds to a "plain" lining. 
Inside view of the end. 

And here's the little thank you gift wih the duffle. Aren't they a great pair?

Love having another finish for the year, and loving the way it turned out. 

As for the excitement (part of today's blog title), I found out last weekend that I was one of 20 crafters chosen out of an "overwhelming number" of responses to participate in a blog tour with Pat Bravo, and amazing textile designer. On April 9th, I will be blogging (and sharing on my social media outlets) about her "Etno" fabric line and the bag(s) I created from that fabric. I cannot wait!  It's a huge honor and privilege to get to participate and feels even more real now that she's given an Instagram teaser pic. 
So so so excited for this opportunity!  
This fabric is gorgeous and modern and fun colors!  Can't wait to have it in my hands and be inspired to make bags that feature this fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!