Apr 10, 2015

Art Glass bag #4 is in the works.

Making a series of bags, that I want to be similar, but different, is a new thing for me. I was going for the boxy look, because I wanted to really show off the fabric being worked with. And I wanted bags that could be useful for a weekend getaway. These bags are not small, medium, or even what I would call large. They are jumbo. Around the 18" tall mark and a little variety in widths. With fun details like vinyl, quilted pleather, bright colored denim, and on #4 upholstery fabric with fun texture. And the Art Glass fabric line by P&B Textiles is breathtaking on its own. And is amazing as bags. 
Literally everyone who has viewed these bags has fallen in love with the fabric and wondered how they could get one and what price I will sell them for. And they haven't been all that satisfied with my I don't know yet answer. 
These bags are so detailed and heavy duty, that they have been taking me multiple days to make a single one. They all have quilting on them. Their lining has multiple pockets and sections and all the pieces are strengthened with craft fuse to help the bag structure and so the bag stands on its own. There are added zippers. The outer bag has hidden pockets, reinforced double layer straps. I've been pouring myself into these bags and pushing myself past my comfort level trying new things and designing/creating as I go. And the response after each bag has been created, makes me want to make the next one that much more detailed. 
Which also means I have put a lot of pressure on myself. Wanting each one to be fabulous on its own, but also to be an amazing, unique collection of one of a kind bags. 
That was downright rambly!
How about I just show you the beginnings of bag #4 now. I worked on it all day yesterday, and I've got the outer shell almost complete...and then realized I forgot to add the hidden zip pocket. 
I had no idea what I wanted to do with the gorgeous teals that were left, so I actually talked with Daddy God during my journaling time and then sketched what I felt He and I had talked about. Yep...seriously did just that. 
And here's what it looks like before touching it today...and no, I'm not 100% sure where it's going from here, but I know I want it to zip closed. And of course have great inside pockets. 
And so you can see the fun texture better...
What do you think?

2 comments:

Thanks for the encouraging message!