She just accidentally hurt me, and I said ow. Not even loud or mean. Just ow. Meltdown. And come to think of it, there are often meltdowns after hurting someone. Rather than say sorry or I didn't mean to, like I would do, she reacts as if she just committed the worst thing ever and her world ended.
It's so hard to know what to do in those instances. Walk away and let her cry it out, force her to let you hold and comfort her, try to reassure with words she acts like she's not listening to. Its so different for her then the way it is for me.
I guess that's why we are on this journey. To help us better understand how things affect her, and to get her help to be able to live in a way that is more doable and fun.
I hope that she will be able to truly know how loved she is and wanted and to feel like she actually likes life. To know that she is different but not defeated. That it can be a gift to see, feel, things so sensitively...despite the hardness of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!