May 24, 2012

One

It's one of those days...
you know, the kind where pretty much everything feels overwhelming.
The kind of day where it is glaringly obvious that there is only one adult in this house...
that financial decisions fall on my solitary shoulders...
that everyone has an opinion on what should be done, but no one else has to live with the consequences, or the absences...
I am not trying to complain, truly. 
I am so appreciative of the advice of others.
It just is really hard sometimes because honestly, we don't know what it is like to be in the other person's shoe.
We can empathize, and come close...but we just all see things so differently.
We can walk alongside someone, observe their reactions/frustrations/joys to different situations.
But there is no way to know the toll of the day to day build up.
By now, you should know that I am a person who truly aims to see the best in situations, to give others the benefit of the doubt, and to dwell more on the blessings then the hard things.
Unfortunately, I am still very human.
I am aware of my need to rely on God and count on Him for all things.
But...on days like today, I LONG to see His face, to physically wrap my arms around Him and just be held, to verbally hear His voice say "do this, wait on this, do not do this..."
I am aware that on the harder days, where things seem insurmountable or just too much effort, that satan is winning and sidetracking me. 
I am aware that these are the days where it is most important for me to dig into the Word and then cling to it.  Tightly.  With all I've got.
And I know, that I know, that I know that God has it all covered and the things I am concerned about really don't matter in the big picture, and that sometimes I put way too much pressure on myself and just need to let go.
So, I grabbed my beloved older Bible, the one with all the markings in it, and just flipped pages at a time.  And let the Words of our ever-loving Father God pour over me, in me, through me, around me...etc.
And verses jumped off the pages for me...  Psalm 41:10-12, 84:11-12, 85:8, 86:11, 146:9.  Isaiah 40:26, 40:31, 41:10, 58:8,11, Jeremiah 42:3, and Ezekial 34:26
Each verse just spoke to my weary soul.
I love that God does that for me (and pretty much everyone I know that reads the Bible).  That it speaks to me in different ways based on my current need/mood.  That it is alive and active today, just as it was when it was written so many years ago.
Did everything that seemed so overwhelming disappear as soon as I started reading?  no.  But it sure did remind me that He has so much more then this for me.
So much of life is what we choose to see about it.  What we choose to focus on.
Therefore...my choice for today is to go watch my fifth grader in the talent show that she tried out for and succeeded in being added to...to cheer her on and begin to breathe belief into her. To watch her in her element...on the stage.  The rest can just rest in God's hands...He knows what to do with it all, even when i don't have a clue.
Here are two of the verses listed above...
Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness shall go before you [conducting you to peace and prosperity] and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.  Isaiah 58:8
And the Lord shall guide you continually and satisfy you in drought and in dry places and make strong your bones.  And you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring of water whose waters fail not.  Isaiah, 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!