Sunday's sermon was one of those just-when-you-need-to-hear-it ones.
We are in a series on life verses, and one of our newer pastors (Greg Frohna) was talking about his personal verse which is Proverbs 3:5-6.
The first thing I wrote in my notes was the following: Trusting godly wisdom in the midst of personal uncertainty. Don't think my way, think about what He wants for me and trust that He WILL show me the way to go.
Why is it so hard to trust God when the fog comes in? There is a trust gap. We trust Him to forgive our sins, but fail to trust Him with the daily stuff. We aren't sure we can truly trust Him...and it causes us to miss out on some of what He has for us individually.
He went on to give three steps: (1) Overcome fear; (2) embrace uncertainty; and (3) totally surrender.
Now, y'all are beginning to know me by now. So it should not be a surprise that I want to constantly be learning and growing...I don't want to be waylaid by fear, uncertainty, or a strong desire for my own way. I want to be living fear-less, accepting of change, go-with-the-flow, eyes wide open to what God is doing all around me, with hands open to whatever He has for me.
At one point in the sermon, he put a ball in his hand, and said how when kiddos get a new ball, they cling tightly to it, carry it everywhere they go, and think of it as mine, mine, mine. He used the open hands illustration, that I have been praying for months now, but said we need to change it up a little. Rather than having open hands that are palm up, where we can still hold onto things, we need to have open hands, palms down, where we are open to what He has for us, but not clinging to anything but Him. I loved that and have been praying in a bit different way over the last two days.
My life is in a stage of wait. But during this wait-stage, God is doing so much in me. I am almost to my one year mark...and excited about that accomplishment. And last night in my quiet time, God was reminding me of how far He has brought me, (through healing and growing processes, starting school, etc, etc, etc) and that there is still more that He wants to use this time to accomplish in and around me. I am not the timid, scared of her own shadow gal anymore. I am no longer living in fear. He has placed some really "safe" people around me to help me get out of that part. And I am forever grateful for all that He has done and is doing.
So, despite the fact that I am in a stage of wait, and that there is a lot of change happening and coming in the future...a time of great fog...I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am going to be okay. that I am blessed beyond measure. That I am no longer afraid or worried. That every detail is already known by my Heavenly Father who is going to walk every second of it with me. So, it truly is all good. How could I possibly complain?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!