May 8, 2012
Trying to let myself dream again...
So, this past weekend I was able to take pictures at my fourth men's roller derby bout. It was another double header with the girls going first and the guys second. I don't know the girls, but have begun to get to know the guys, so I mainly photograph the guys. Six of our local guys went to Nebraska to play with the Big O' Roller Bros for their first bout...against the Kornstalkers. The lighting was really low, and they used spotlights...so my sports setting on my camera wouldn't work, and I had to use the sensitive setting. As a result, I took twice as many pictures as I kept... On top of that, the floor was concrete and these guys were flying! Anyways, it was an absolute blast...I LOVE, love, love taking roller derby photos.
Sioux City (Kornstalkers) has this photographer that gets some crazy amazing pictures...the kind that other photographers actually drool over. He also has a killer camera and setup. His name is Jim Lee, and if you ever have a chance to see his photos, you should take the time to do so...he gets some crazy clear action shots. Anyways, yesterday I was talking with him a little and complimenting him on his photos (and got an amazing compliment from him along with encouragement to just keep going and I will improve) and then I looked around at the different photos he has on his facebook page.
And for the first time in a long time, I actually let myself dream and imagine where some of this might actually take me. But, dreaming is not something that comes easy to me. It's easier for me to not let myself dream, then to dream and have it shattered again. So I spent some time with God, talking to Him and letting Him talk back to me. And I told Him how much I would love to get pictures of each of our guys up on their website so that people could actually see who they are, and make a poster of them all, that they could sign for their fans...that kind of stuff. (which is actually HUGE for me). And then I told Him that I realize that kind of thing could actually take up a lot of my time, and its not one of the things He has asked me to focus on right now...so He could have it and do whatever He wants with it. And I truly gave it all to Him.
Woke up this morning, not really thinking about it at all...because I gave it over to God...and get on Facebook. Find out that one of our Butchers is getting ready to launch a magazine (he has his own sports company that he runs on top of his regular job) and wondered if in the future they might possibly use some of my photos or me. I'm sure by now you are getting on the same page...I didn't even dream up that one...never would have. That is so God-sized that I wouldn't have even thunk it.
So...I am just going to keep giving the dreams to God and letting Him dream for me. As big or as little as He wants. And just keep going with the flow and thanking Him for the doors that He opens or closes for me, according to what He knows is best for me.
And now, I am going to have to curb all the butterflies of excitement and crack down on homework. Its the final week of this particular class which means regular homework and large paper...for a teacher who almost seems nitpicky, which makes me really nervous. School IS one of the three things I am supposed to be focusing on right now.
Stay tuned...God seems to have BIG things planned for this gal...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!