Sep 10, 2012

Destination Unknown

Have you ever come across a trail you have never walked before?  Part of you is excited because of what you might get to see or run across on the journey, and part hesitant not knowing what lies ahead.
So much of life is like that.  We go through circumstances we never face before, or never dreamed we would need to face, and there is excitement mixed with I-don't-know. 
Right now...I have said I don't know or I just don't know so many times that I feel like a broken record.  But underneath it all, there is a sense of peace and an expectant hope waiting to see what God does with this mess and how He will use it in my life.  I don't believe in coincidences or wasted experience...everything holds the possibility to learn from, move forward, and be stronger because of it.  If nothing else, it can be useful to draw me ever closer into His arms.
That's right where I am at right now.  I am not emotional, although I am exhausted.  I am just calmly walking, looking around at all the new things along the way, eyes wide open.
I have no earthly idea what is around that curve in the trail, but I am fully aware that there isn't a part of that trail that God can't see, that He hasn't already given me the ability to face.  And because my eyes are wide open, I am more alert to what He is doing, and excited to see each new step.  I am not missing the little details that maybe I would be if I weren't watching.
There is NO way to truly know what is on the path ahead.  But there is a way to confidently walk it, knowing that God already knows each step needed, how many steps it will take to go through it, who I will need along the way to help me face it, how many potholes might jump out and trip me up, and the amount of strength I will need for the journey.  He already has made the way for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!