Sep 11, 2012

Remembering...

Not only can I very easily remember exactly what I was doing 11 years ago today, bawling while watching the television reports of 9-11, trying to keep my one year old calm... I can also remember very clearly 10 years ago today.  I had just been released from a three month period of extreme bedrest, and was praying that the little girl that had already been stopped multiple times from coming early would not choose this day as her birthday.   (I also was hoping she wouldn't choose Friday the 13th to arrive either.  (Much to my surprise, and by no say on either one of our parts, she was born smack dab in the middle, following a high risk doctor's appointment that they didn't let me go home from.)
 As a nation we were very much still grieving the events of 9-11, and spending the day in remembrance, prayer, talks, etc.  Each of us was dealing with things in their own way.
That is still true all these years later.  We promise not to forget the sacrifices that were made, we express our gratitude for the freedom we so enjoy, and we snuggle our loved ones close.
We can't wrap our heads, still, around the tragedy and reason for the loss of so many.  But we can still trust that God is at work.  And watch to see what He does.
As we remember...my heart is filled with gratitude, appreciation, and remembrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!