Apr 8, 2012

30 Things, Day 12...typical day

12.  Describe a typical day in your current life.

I chose to describe a weekday...because there is nothing typical about my weekends.
I am a college student, again, and a single mom...so, let's say Tuesday...this is what Tuesday looks like for me:

8:00 AM...alarm clock goes off, and I hit the snooze...and repeat this every four minutes or so (it doesn't always go off at the same increments, b/c its snooze button has to work too much)...for a total of 30-40 minutes.
Get out of bed and let the dogs out...which means I have to carry one of them down the stairs.
Put food and water in their bowls.
Brush teeth...and other morning "chores" including getting dressed somewhere in there...pop the top of a Cherry Coke.
Holler to my oldest that we need to walk out the door in five minutes.
Bring dogs in.
Listen to youngest complain about her shoes, or clothes, or something (the two of us are NOT morning people, unlike her older sister)
Put the dogs in the kennel and rush the girls out the door
Drop the kids off at school.
Come home and shower/exercise/spend time on facebook for about an hour
Settle into my recliner with the week's chapters in the textbook
Somewhere in here I get hungry, get off the recliner, let the dogs out/back in, and grab something to eat.
Go back to reading...with texts scattered throughout the day (and it breaks up the monotony!)
Between chapters I try to take a break...which normally is jumping on the trampoline
Keep reading (honestly...this is a Tuesday for me...hows this for a fun read?)
Then the alarm on my phone goes off to remind me to pick up the girls...and I sometimes would not remember or realize it was already that late if it weren't for the alarm.  I hit the snooze.  It gives me five more minutes.
Round the dogs up and get them in the kennel...and every day I actually say to them "I'm gonna go get the girls, be back in a little bit"
Wait in the pickup line for the girls, and read something for fun...or just text
Get the girls in the car
T works on homework at the table, H keeps talking to her...the squabble...I break up fights and remind H that she needs to be quiet during homework time.  Normally, I am still working on my own chapters.
Sometimes H and I play Just Dance Country on the Wii.
Then its time to go skating...and we pick something up to eat on the way there.
Then come home and put the kids to bed, and I do my quiet time.
And then crash for the night so that I can hit the snooze again in the morning and start all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!