Apr 13, 2012

30 Things, Day 17...good at

17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

This one is easy for me.  There are a lot of things that I wish I were great at, rather than just able to dabble at.  The biggest one...
     I wish I were a great mother who instinctively would always know exactly what was underlying each outburst, as well as exactly what needed to be done to help them work it through.  I wish I were a mom who never lost her temper or ever hollered at her girls.  Who greeted them with snacks and a calmness when they walked in the door, every day after school.  Etc, etc, etc.
     Now, I am realistic enough to know that this side of heaven, that is not entirely possible...but a great goal.  There are some times when they come home, and seem upset about everything, that I wish I had had some specific psychology class to help with deciphering it.  But, I am almost done with my psych classes, and that has not been covered.  I am so thankful that God knows it all, and He is willing to share His wisdom with me, and that He is helping me to keep a lid on the temper.  If I am stressed out, it comes out a little too much, but it is getting better.  I think all those years of squashing any emotions, kind of made it explode out for awhile, but there is a lot of improvement that has been done!

Other things that I would love to be great at...
...always thought it would be fun to be the lead singer in a band.
...would love to be an expert photographer and have every photo come out the way I saw it in my mind.
...rather than just playing with many, many different kinds of crafting, maybe it would be fun to be an expert and excel at just one or two of them...like sewing, painting, drawing, cake making, etc.  I've done a little bit of everything but wouldn't consider myself great at any of them...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Red...
    I just joined your blog and hope to get familiar with it, and get to know you! I LOVE the Title of your blog! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy. I just finally started blogging every day again...life kind of got in the way for awhile. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the encouraging message!