6. What is the hardest thing you have faced so far?
My brain instantly jumps to my divorce. My entire world fell apart and I had to start all over again. There were all kinds of emotions that had to be dealt with...grief, abandonment, fear, to name just a few. I truly needed some major "inside" healing for all the leftover wounds that were side effects of the marriage. If it weren't for my two precious girls, who were broken too, and watching every single thing I did, and a loving heavenly Father, and the people that He put into my life to carry me through...I would not have made it through it.
There is another side to the story though...God is redeeming all aspects of my life story. Everyday He heals the brokenness a little more. He has grown me in leaps and bounds over the last two years and counting. He has breathed new life into my life and my daughters lives. We have found incredible freedom in Him. I moved two and a half hours across the state, built up renewed relationships with my five siblings, started going to a new church, built up a whole new support system with amazing friends, am being used by God to speak belief and healing into the lives of others, went back to college and am going to graduate this year, and found a relationship with God that I didn't know was possible.
And the most important lesson that I learned (and am still learning) is that there is always something to be thankful for in the midst of the hardest pains/journeys that we can face on earth. We can choose to be thankful despite the pain!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!