Apr 24, 2012

30 Things, Day 28...love language


28. What is your love language?
     I think I have always been a tie between "quality time" and "gifts".  Making time for me, and coming up with reasons/ideas of ways to spend time with me speak loudly to the very depths of me.  Coming home from work early, just to surprise me (which didn't happen often, but when it did was a big deal to me) was one of my favorites.  On the flip side of that, it was always hurtful, even when I tried not to let it be, if no time was made.  I can be a very understanding, patient person, and even make all kinds of excuses for others to keep from being hurt by them or misunderstanding them...but it is hard for me to understand why someone would purposefully stay away, or work hours they didn't have to work, rather than carving out time to spend with me.  I am learning that it isn't supposed to be that way, and there has been some damage done by the experiences I have had in the past.  But it makes me all that much more appreciative when people do give of their time to be with the girls and I...and especially thankful for all the time that God willingly spends with me.  He never complains and He never treats me like I am an inconvenience.  He is always there and willing to spend as much time with me as I want.
     Gifts are a big deal to me, too.  For instance, bringing a Cherry Coke or a bag of Skittles when coming to see me.  I don't think anyone understands the volumes that speaks to my heart.  To me, it is like saying..."not only did I want to come and see you, I was already thinking of you before I came".  For some people this one comes naturally, and for others it takes a little thought and planning ahead.  But wow!  Even the smallest little item can truly bless this little gal's heart.
     And, when you combine the two!  When someone makes time out of their crazy schedule to spend with me, talking to me and listening, and adds on top of it some kind of gift...the blessing that that does for my heart can last me for weeks!
     Okay, indulge my wandering mind for a second.  Just had a total "bean thought".  The blogging that I have done over the last 28 days sure would make things a lot easier on whatever man God has for my future.  Today's post could be totally enlightening/eye opening.  It's almost like coming with an instruction manual.  (Only thing is, I can't imagine a guy wanting to know enough about me that he would sit down and read my blog... )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!