This concept has come up a lot lately between me and my friends.
I have decided that I am going to live my life in such a way that I am making a conscious choice to live with expectant hope.
My hope is abundantly found in God, and in all that He has promised He wants to do in my life and my daughters' lives, and what He wants to do for us and use us to do for Him. There is amazing freedom that I have found in the idea that He can do whatever He wants, and that it will always be for my best.
I am in a period of "wait" right now. Some of the big things that I would enjoy, I have been specifically asked to wait for until He says it is time, sometime after graduating. He didn't say that they would happen right after graduation, just not to be expecting them before then. But even in the time of waiting, I still have expectant hope. I know that He is working some big things, and that they very well might blow me away (in a good way). He has promised me, repeatedly (because He doesn't mind reassuring me), that they will be more than worth the wait, and that I will see them happen in my lifetime. So, I live in great expectation and freedom... knowing that He has all the details under control and I will not miss getting to see Him write my story. For me, that opens all kinds of doors right now...without the worry of how things are going to work out, and knowing that He wants to use me right now in the lives of those around me as an encourager and friend. There is so much freedom in this. I am free to live in the moment...without stressing about how it all will work out...knowing that He cares so much about me that He willingly takes on the role of Provider, Protector, Friend, and so much more. He fills me to overflowing with His peace and joy, truly helping me to live in the moment. I am so much more aware of the little blessings found in the everyday. And life is so much less stressful.
But, this truly is a daily choice. I choose to let Him have all the details. I have no clue what my future holds, but I truly know the One who holds my future! And He has a much better plan for me...one that will grow and utilize the God-given potential that He has put deep inside of me!
I am living a dream life... in that this life is absolutely nothing that I would have imagined for myself and yet He has made it so much fuller that I ever knew was possible. I have given Him free rein to do whatever He wants to do with my life, and enjoying each blessing and outpouring of love that He sends my way. He has picked out friends for me that I would never have met if He hadn't arranged the meeting. I am able to share my struggles with others and truly know how it feels to experience what they might be going through. And I have come to the other side, where He is cultivating my happiness and giving me a purpose and reason to get up every day! My life is not perfect by any means, but it is mine, and He is present in it! Love it!
Thank You, God, for seeing the potential in me and using me as You see fit. Thank You for redeeming my life story, helping me to give You the control, and helping me sit back and enjoy the ride as You write my life story that is so perfectly tailored to who You have made me to be. I am in awe of You and all You are doing in and around me. Thank You, thank You, thank You!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!