Apr 25, 2012

30 Things, Day 29...misunderstand


29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
     It's the same thing, again, that used to get questioned when I was in college the first time.  I can be very energetic and happy when I am around other Christians, especially those I know well and am comfortable around.  This is sometimes hard for others to understand or deal with.  My very first BSU director didn't quite know what to do with me, and I rubbed him the wrong way at first.  My second BSU director put me on the leadership team and channeled that energy into being a greeter and making sure that everyone was welcomed, as well as leading the worship part of the meetings.  And then, after hearing so many comments from other people that didn't know how to take me (don't get me wrong, I can be incredibly serious, too, not just a fun hyper side), I kind of lost it along the way.  After the divorce, as God began to heal me from the inside out, this side of me came back.  Sometimes it shows up as contagious giggles, or playing around with the kids of the group, or cartwheels, or trying to make my friends laugh.  It is more tempered now...it doesn't come out quite as much.  But as I accept and embrace this life that God has given me, the joy just spills out. 
I don't really apologize for it anymore. Mostly because my kids are just now getting to discover this side of me, and they deserve to see the difference!  But also because it is the way God made me, and it is one of the ways that I can show Him my appreciation for all that He has brought me through and is doing in me.  Why wouldn't I want to overflow with joy?  And the people who know me and love me are more than willing to accept me as I am and love me anyway.  Despite my sometimes over exuberance for life!  They know all the sides of me, and make the choice to stick around anyways...and I absolutely adore them for it!
I may have a love for life and ability to cut loose and have fun that not everyone understands.  But its part of who God made me to be.  And when it is time to be serious...I know how to do that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the encouraging message!