Apr 18, 2012
30 Things, Day 22...5, 10, 15
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
Well, what a question to get today. See, today is my 35th birthday. So add those years, and we are talking some big birthdays...40, 50, and 55.
All I know for sure, is that by my 40th birthday I will finally be a college graduate that has her bachelor's degree. That's it.
You see, my future and every single detail of it, is in God's hands. I rest in the knowledge that He is holding the pen of my life story, and that He has great plans for my future.
When I was at Northwest Missouri State University (14 years ago), and "dating" God the first time around (I am in my second go round of this right now), God gave me my life verse and has brought it to mind on an almost daily basis here lately. The verse is...
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD... Jeremiah 29:11-14a
I don't even know for sure what He is going to use my degree for. But that is perfectly okay with me. Because I have the promise that it will be for my best...that I can rest in Him, full of expectant hope.
So, in 5 years, when I turn 40...I hope that you will be able to look at my life and see a woman who is continuing to grow in God, seek God, and live for Him in any and every way possible...every single day. That she has an even stronger relationship with God then, then she does today.
When I hit 50, I hope that even my daughters will begin to see the strength of God in me and respect that and want a relationship with God like I have been forming, and will still be forming.
At 55, I would love to see my daughter's married to men who live sold out for God, who can serve God right alongside their men. And that I would still be content in God, living completely for Him, coming to Him with absolutely everything and supporting my girls in their adventures in life.
Everything else will merely be a bonus and blessing!
As long as my relationship with God is growing, maturing, stretching, etc...everything is as it should be.
My future, and all of me, is in His hands to do with as He pleases!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for the encouraging message!